Sunday, April 17, 2016

Indiblogger Mumbai Meetup #QuakerBowl Experience

I am back It's been a while I have written any blog, Life just gets busier and busier but today I could not resist… Thank you Indiblogger & Quaker Oats for inspiring me to write one I have been so busy making ad films and working on other social media stuff, that I haven’t had the time to check emails or attend events. It was just a lazy relaxing day when I was finally off from work. Waking up from a long afternoon nap I decided to clear my emails that were overloaded for quite some time now. Just before I hit the ALL DELETE button on unread emails, my eyes, fortunately, scrolled to the Invitation of Indiblogger Mumbai Meet-up Quaker Oats event. I am a foodie, trust me, this one was just irresistible to miss. Soon I Registered and my invitation got confirmed.

Who doesn’t feel great with the ambience of JW Marriott, especially on a Sunday Morning accompanied by a great chef Vikas Khanna, honestly, I hardly knew about him.

I thought he would just talk about a few mouth-watering recipes, but, No, I was wrong.
He was an extreme highlight of the show. Just couldn’t stop laughing with his never ending jokes especially the ‘ULLU KA PATHA’ one.
Apart from the healthy jokes that made me feel fresh on a lazy Sunday morning, I learnt from him about a few health tips and food tips to keep oneself fit.
I loved the tip when he said we Indians are lucky that we have a lot of grains here for our health benefits, we must take an advantage of.
And the audience, mainly the girls were so crazy for Vikas Khanna, he kept their heart warm and his charm made all the attention wide awake. I now realize how I missed knowing him if I am a foodie.
And that was not just enough, I thought I won’t find anyone of my type, but there you go, there were so many new people from a different interest of life, I had an interesting interaction with them. Sharing their views of several other meet-ups and my experience of ad films with each other made the day gratified.
Some amazing recipe making competition, even though I didn’t win, taught me some new recipes to be tried at home. Oh, I so wish my mom could be a part of this event.
And the event continued with some great JW Marriott Lunch. It was not over until they farewelled us with a Packet of Oats and an Oats Recipe Book.
When I was back home, I was surprised to know that while I was busy all these days with work, hardly being there at home, my sister who hates cooking, was already cooking and discovering new recipes of Quaker Oats and I think the recipe book was a perfect gift to her from Quaker Oats and of course ME. We have tried making some dishes from the recipe book and it's healthy and delicious.
Thank you, Quaker Oats, for such wonderful experience.

3 comments:

  1. Not a surprise that you also started writing about food, but yeh I appreciate you started with Oats, I LOVE them too ;+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a surprise that you also started writing about food, but yeh I appreciate you started with Oats, I LOVE them too ;+)

    ReplyDelete